All applications for promotion, tenure, and/or permanent status at the University of Florida will be processed in the Online Promotion and Tenure (OPT) System beginning with the 2013-14 cycle.*
2013-2014 Promotion and Tenure Information:
- 2013-2014 Guidelines (PDF)
- The 2013-14 Application template is in MYUFL. Web Browser should be set to allow pop-ups.
- Log onto MYUFL
- Go to Main Menu>My Self Service> UF Faculty Promotion and Tenure> Promotion and Tenure Packet> Packet Template with Activity.
- The Template will open as a Word file, with some sections auto-populated with the candidate's information.
- Departmental OPT administrators please note that the OPT System will be open for promotion, tenure and permanent status submissions after April 5, 2013.
- Guidelines for eligibility for voting on Promotional Rank (PDF)
- Request for Extension of Tenure Probationary Period (PDF)
Information about the Online Promotion & Tenure (OPT) system including instructions, FAQ, and user Guides may be found in the Toolkit .
For questions, please contact:
2012-2013 Promotion and Tenure (P&T) Information - Archived:
*Faculty in the "Assistant In..." series in the colleges of Agricultural & Life Sciences, Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health & Health Professions, and Veterinary Medicine will not use OPT as the college dean makes those promotion decisions. However, those candidates should use the Template by downloading it from the OPT website.