1. Suspension and Reactivation
2. Change in Delivery Platform or Funding Model
3. New or Closure: Undergraduate or Graduate Major
1. Suspension and Reactivation:
Programs with consistently low enrollments, or programs that are not currently active, should be suspended or closed. Suspended programs are still required to perform any required annual or cyclic reviews.
For suspension or reinstatement of a program, the college should file the appropriate form with the Provost’s Office for review and determination via the UF Approvals Tracking site..
2. Change in Delivery Platform or Funding Model:
Proposals to offer academic programs (that have been previously approved by the appropriate curriculum committee) in an online or distance learning format must be approved by the Provost.
Examples would include:
Degrees or certificates which include 25-49% or more of a program’s credits available:
Degrees or certificates which include 50% or more of a program’s credits available:
- Fully Online
- Online with Onsite Meetings On Main Campus
- Online with Onsite Meetings Off Main Campus
Proposals must be submitted to the Platform / Funding Advisory Committee through the Office of the Associate Provost for IT, E-learning and Distance Education. The committee will review the proposal and provide a recommendation to the Provost.
Note if the proposed degree or certificate program is not currently approved to be offered please return to the developing programs section.
The Review Process for Modifying Delivery of Existing Degree or Certificate Programs:
- Department / Unit Level Review- faculty and or administrative staff can begin the process by accessing the Program Modification Approval from the Office of the Associate Provost for IT, E-learning and Distance Education. The forms are available at http://tnt.aa.ufl.edu/approval-process--college-credit-distance-online-programs.aspx
Once completed the form should be routed to the Department Chair for consideration by the department faculty and signature by the chair.
- College Level Review- once the proposal has been signed by the department chair it should then be referred to the Associate Dean for review and consideration.
- Provost Level Review and Approval- once the proposal has been signed by the Dean of the College the proposal should then be sent to the Office of the Associate Provost for IT, E-Leaning and Distance Education for review by the Platform / Funding Advisory Committee. The committee will then make a recommendation to the Provost who will provide final review and approval.
- SACS Notification- If the proposal is approved by the Provost the Office of the Associate Provost will provide information to the Director of SACS Accreditation for appropriate SACS notification.
3. New or Closure: Undergraduate or Graduate Major:
Existing degree programs may have more than one major associated with them. To request a new major in an existing degree program, or to close out a current major, use the appropriate form below. The approval process can be found by following the link from “Flowcharts” in the list.